Friday 13 March 2015

Hudson's 4 month update

I can not believe my little boy is 4 months old already. It was just the other day I held my tiny little boy for the first time. 

Hudson is weighing 6.2kg and 60cm tall. He is a very happy boy and is always full of smiles.
He is in good health and has had all his injections and took it like a big boy.  It is so sad to watch him get it, daddy has to hold him.

After his 10week injection Hudson got a lymph node under his right arm, it just popped up out of nowhere.  I was so concerned and to him to the paediatrician. He told us not to be concerned that it was from his injection and it will go away in a few weeks or months time.  But if it changes in anyway we must bring him back, as it might be a abscess forming. Well it did it was red and looked very eina. He was put antibiotics hoping it would clear up and get better.  Well it didn't.  We went to see a paediatric surgeon and was book in immediately to have it drained.  I was scared and nervous, I am a first time mommy and did not know what to expect. Thank goodness his daddy was there every step of the way.  We went for his check up and all is healing good.  Doctor says wound should be completely closed in 2 weeks. We scheduled for a follow up appointment in 2-3 weeks time.

Other than that little hurdle, Hudson is doing great and still as happy as always.  I am sure he has started teething.  He spits his dummy out to suck on his hands (he loves his dummy) and his clothes are always dribbled wet.  He has a amber teething necklace that he will be wearing.  I got Ashton & Parsons powders from the pharmacy, lets hope it helps.
He started sitting at 16 weeks and now sits on his own, he does tip over now and again but pretty much sits alone.  I am so happy my boy is reaching all his milestones, but so sad at the same time as he is growing up way too quickly.

Hudson is such a "chatter box" he loves to talk from the moment he wakes till those little eyes fall shut to sleep.  He the most charming personality.  Mommy is hoping he keeps chatting and says mommy first.  LOL we still have a few months to go!

He still loves to hold onto Chevy and they are never apart, they stick together.  Except when Chevy is filthy and desperately needs a wash.  I did that last week and he was not a happy camper - he was very fussy and didn't go down without a fight.

A bit about mommy, I am doing great and loving every minute of being a mom, it is so much better that I every imagined.  It is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I just wish my mom was here to see him, she would have loved being granny again.  I cant believe a year has passed since the last time I saw her. Mommy has lost all her baby weight by the 6 week mark, but still has a long road ahead.  Need to loose a bit more.  I am trying to do the Banting Lifestyle but it is very difficult.

Feeds: formula - S26 -150ml
Every 4 hours

Sleep routine:
2-3 hour morning nap
Naps about ever 2 hours during day (he is starting to stay awake longer)
Bedtime : 20:00 - 21:00pm wakes up 5:30 - 6:00am

Loves bath time and becoming a big fan of the telly.

Dummy:  Still very much attached to it.

Chevy:  We don't go anywhere without him.

I will be posting a update when he is 6 months. Here are a few pictures.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment